For children 18-24 months of age.
Is your busy chatterbox interested in mastering new skills, learning new words and concepts and beginning to combine words? Routines like circle time, story time and music encourage cooperation, listening and following directions.
This group offers the opportunity for your 18 – 24 month old to enjoy social interactions, familiar routines and a variety of more complex developmental activities each week as we build speech and language skills to new heights! 4 week class. Taught by Speech-Language Pathologist.
- Classes begin with an interactive circle time such as singing, dancing, puppets and props while encouraging language skills.
- Activity stations introduce new materials and concepts to encourage children to explore and interact.
- Sensory tables feature activities like doll bath time, car wash, or farm animals in the “mud”.
- Dramatic play is introduced with realistic toys, dolls and other age-appropriate props.
- Toddler safe art supplies and textural materials like play dough, paint, and goop are offered for creative and sensory exploration.
- Obstacle courses, slides, ramps, tunnels and balls promote mastery of motor skills.
- All along the way, children are working on listening, sharing, taking turns and navigating more complex social interactions.
- Familiar routines with story time and goodbye songs conclude the class each week.